Week 5 Will Eisner and Craig Thompson : Cartoonist's Track


For week five, I read Will Eisner’s A Contract With God. As a graphic designer, the first thing that stood out to me in this comic was the use of typography. The typefaces were hand-drawn and it seemed to me that the same amount of effort that was put into the illustration was put into the designing of the type. A generic typeface was not used for this comic, the type matched the style of the illustration as well as the story. For example, the typeface used for the word “God” in the title resembles Hebrew letters which is appropriate because the comic takes place in a Hassidic community. For my comic, I tried to imitate the font that Eisner used.

Comments

  1. Nice job on the hand-drawn typography. Eisner did excel at these hand-drawn type effects.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment